The Moving Architects: Seeking Dance Artists
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
The Moving Architects (TMA), led by Artistic Director Erin Carlisle Norton, is currently seeking 1-2 female-identifying dance artists for July 2023-June 2024 who have a movement foundation grounded in modern dance forms. Additional skills and interests include: ability to execute high-endurance movement; work intimately and collaboratively within a group; proficient with improvisation, movement manipulation, and partner work; strong affinity for weighted, strength, and shape-based movement; curiosity in integrating movement exploration with objects, props, and media; and readiness for an investigatory rehearsal process. TMA rehearsals are scheduled in 1-5 day residencies in NJ/NYC and regionally, and dancers are paid for performances and rehearsals on a project-by-project basis. Dancers are independent contractors and work under a Letter of Agreement. BIPOC dance artists are encouraged to apply.
- Degree in Dance or comparable experience; out of college at least 1-year
- Live in NYC-metropolitan area at time of audition
- All artists applying must be citizens of the US or have a valid working visa
- Must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination
TO APPLY (there is no fee to apply) fill out application that includes:
- Video Weblink: informal video up to 3 minutes answering the question “How would I describe myself as a dance artist?”
- Video Weblink: Movement Improvisation. Video can be up to 4 minutes (no music) and must include: sustained movement; repeating movement that dynamically evolves over time; a surprise; showing of strength (up for interpretation)
Note: Dance reels or links to websites will NOT be accepted as video submission
Up to 10 dancers will be asked to attend an audition on the morning of Saturday, July 15 in NYC. Invitations will be made by July 7, 2023. Audition will include warm-up, phrase work, and movement manipulation. Scheduled Interviews by invitation will follow as final step of audition process. Letters of Agreement begin July 25, 2023.